Hands-down, the quintessential favorite summer meal at my house is a juicy hamburger. In the summer I like to grill outdoors. But these burgers are just as good if you make them on a griddle or in a frying pan on the stove.
Hamburgers can be served with a side salad, potato chips, thick wedge style fries, or sliced fruit, and they are always a hit!
While everyone makes hamburgers, does everyone know how to make a mouthwatering juicy burger? I am going to share my sure-fire juiciest burger secrets so that your family will come back for more. And, the best part? It is a quick meal that lends itself easily to variations and multiple sides.
Are you ready to get grilling? Before we start, I want to share the biggest secret: It’s restraint – don’t over mix and don’t overcook!
The Juiciest Burger
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 Minutes
Makes: Four Hamburgers With 2 Inch Thick Patties
- 2 POUNDS GROUND BEEF WITH 20 – 25% FAT (I USE THE NANCY SILVERTON MIX THAT COMBINES PRIME CHUCK WITH PRIME SIRLOIN – THIS MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN BOTH FLAVOR AND JUICINESS)
- 4 LARGE HAMBURGER BUNS (MY FAMILY LIKES BRIOCHE)
- 1 EGG, BEATEN
- 2 CLOVES OF MINCED GARLIC
- 2 TABLESPOONS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- ⅛ TEASPOON CAYENNE PEPPER
- KOSHER SALT
- FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER
- 2 TEASPOONS SOFTENED BUTTER
- 2 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
- 8 SLICES OF CHEDDAR CHEESE (YOU CAN USE BLUE, AMERICAN, OR GRUYÈRE AS WELL)
- BABY ROMAINE LETTUCE LEAVES
- 4 THIN SLICES OF TOMATO
- 4 THIN SLICES OF RED ONION
- SLICED PICKLES