One of my favorite local bars does seasonal Manhattan cocktails, and they always knock it out of the park. They have access to some of the best whiskeys none of us have ever heard of and can be incredibly creative. My favorite variation was a summer Manhattan a few years ago that I still try to recreate. This cocktail is my take on their summer Manhattan, and I named it after the new Barry Diller installation in the East River. When this pandemic is over, I’m so looking forward to taking a bottle of these pre-mixed and enjoying a cocktail in the grass with some friends on the island.
Prep Time: 4 min
Total Time: One 4 oz Cocktail
- 2 ½ OZ JAPANESE STYLE WHISKEY
- ¾ OZ DOLIN BLANC VERMOUTH
- 3 DASHES LEMON OR ORANGE BITTERS
- LEMON OR ORANGE PEEL FOR GARNISH
- Fresh lemon peel makes this cocktail refreshing and bright, while orange peel makes it more fruity and slightly sweeter.