Few ingredients ring in the holiday season more than spiced ginger and soul-warming cinnamon. These chewy ginger snaps strike the perfect balance of spice and sweetness and are quick and easy to throw together. They require ingredients you probably already have laying around your pantry, meaning you don’t have to brave the cold to go pick up items! So, throw on your favorite holiday or winter playlist, cast your gaze at the snow flurries parachuting gently onto the ground outside, and treat yourself with this simple recipe for a time-tested favorite.
This same recipe can also be used for gingerbread people, although it will be a bit sweeter than normal gingerbread. Simply roll out the dough once mixed, and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to ensure firmness before using a cookie cutter to bring your concoction to life!
Gingersnaps In A Snap
- 3/4 CUP BUTTER, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP UNSULPHURED MOLASSES (YOU CAN ALSO USE REGULAR MOLASSES IF IN A PINCH, BUT IT’S NOT RECOMMENDED DUE TO ADDED, PROCESSED SUGARS AND LIQUIDS!)
- 1 EGG
- 2 TEASPOONS BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- 1 1/2 TEASPOONS GROUND GINGER
- 1 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- 2 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 2 TABLESPOONS GRANULATED SUGAR FOR ROLLING