It’s summertime and everyone is taking vacations (including our staff!). This month, we are looking to the archives in search of some of our favorites recipes to share over these final days of Summer.
With only a few weeks left of warm weather, many people are gearing up for big Labor Day weekend festivities – but don’t worry we’ve got you covered.
We pulled out this favorite recipe for Creamy Crab Dip out from the vault so that you don’t have to show up empty-handed at the neighborhood BBQ. This crowd-pleasing dip is easy to make and delicious!
Creamy Crab Dip
Active Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes: 10-12 servings (Depending on Other Appetizers)
- 16OZ. CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
- 8 OZ. SOUR CREAM
- 4 TBS MAYONNAISE
- 1 TSP LEMON JUICE
- 1 TSP DRY MUSTARD
- ¼ TSP GARLIC SALT
- 1 LB BACKFIN CRABMEAT
- 1 CUP SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE, DIVIDED
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix together all of the ingredients, except for the crab and cheddar cheese. You can use a blender, stand mixer, hand mixer, or even mix by hand if the cream cheese is soft enough.
- Gently fold in the crab and most of the cheddar cheese by hand, leaving just enough cheese to top the dip, being careful not to break up too much of the crab as you want to keep the lumps.
- Pour into the baking dish. An 8×8 works perfectly, but you can use whatever you have/prefer based on how deep vs. wide you want the dip to be. Bake for 45 minutes and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top as a garnish
- Serve warm with mild crackers or vegetable crudité